Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Homesick

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I miss home!!! This week has been hard. Work is good, home is great, and even though I am recovering from a cold, none of that has bothered me. Actually, I miss the beach, Santana's, Balboa, Coronado--even the stupid bridge, church (http://floodsandiego.com), little brother, my kid, and all my amazing friends there. I knew when I left San Diego that I would have many, many days of SD withdrawals, and here they are. Every one of my friends that I left behind, I miss you all excessively! How I wish we could have a bonfire and just hang. Here is my ode to my city:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

As if having left there wasn't bad enough, I also have been missing Leona Valley. Family has not seen me in months and I am about to go crazy. I just want to go hang there for a while. Pictures of them, unfortunately, are far harder to come by...so I am going to go look at my pictures in frames on my wall and after that I will look up the cost of Southwest flights.

I have been having really good sub jobs lately and am beginning to get more comfortable in my new districts and cities. I have been adopted by new family up here, have made new friends, and gotten connected in a good church (http://woodlandgathering.com). I knew this move was going to be difficult, but I also know it was what I was supposed to do right now. Maybe soon I can head home, until then I will continue count the days. We shall see what comes next...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

SD misses you too...especially me!!! Love LaKi

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home