Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Stretching

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Just a thought...Why is stretching so very difficult? I am not referring to the shocking lack of muscle flexibility that has recently ensued, but rather of the ongoing process that God takes his children through. Quite often I am reminded of the fact that we do not benefit by running away from difficult situations or people; generally, the very next situation comes built in with the exact type of person from whom you have just bolted.

Now I am not advacating that people stay in miserable or abusive situations so that they can learn from the stress. By no means, I am mearly contending that God places such people in our lives to gently (or sometimes not so gently) grind off the bothersome edges of our personalities. Perhaps this is why most people need to get married or find a best friend, to have a person that actually cares enough to continue working on you long after you have quit.

Todays musings were brought about by another round of roommate drama with the one "friend" I never should have been able to live with. On paper it was a bad idea from the start. We disagree on nearly everything! However, I have done my best to take what God has to teach me from this situation and learn so that I am the one being stretched, the one benefiting from this drama. I can only say that I cannot wait to live with a friend who gently curbs my personality, but with all the love and patience I can only sometimes understand.

1 Comments:

Blogger Audrey said...

Awww!!!! :-D

Sorry there is more roommate drama...but if it makes you feel any better, I too have lived with one of your roommates and I can share your pain. ;-)

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home