Sunday, June 26, 2005

Thrive

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I find it interesting that a health care company would recently take on a catch line of "thrive." Is that not what each human ought to be doing? Why would it take a television commercial to remind me that I have been marking time rather than making a difference.

To such a revelation I can only respond, "OK, then." I must now discover where my life became so monotinous and seek to revive the tradition of goals clarification. My roommate has taken to posting her goals on the refrigerator. This obvious, constant reminder helps her to keep her life focused on what she would like to accomplish. I, therefore, have now decided to clarify my own goals.


Until such time as they are settled, this will be my aim: move to Woodland, gain back my joy, spend more time talking to God, work out and eat healthy so I can stop feeling dead everyday. I am determined to return to myself, not the depressed, snappy version that has overtaken my body in recent weeks. I am ever so grateful for friends that will call me on it, but love me through as well.


2 Comments:

Blogger Audrey said...

good goals my friend. Of course your friends are here to love you through anything and everything...that is what sets friends apart from accquaintances.

"Thriving is elegant." ~Maya Angelou

2:04 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

thanks darlin... a bazillion times over

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home