Friday, July 08, 2005

Change

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I know it has been a while since I have even bothered to open this, but here is the reason...I am moving in just 3 weeks! I have been up in the air with just about every area of my life. My finances, my new job situation, my housing situation, etc. However, we very nearly have everything set. That is to say, we now have an apartment being held until the moving date of July 30th. For what its worth, it looks like this:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It has two bedrooms, 1.5 bath, and is a townhouse. The complex is very safe. We will live in number 42.

There is just one little hitch. On paper, I do not make enough money to cover the proper amount of 3x the monthly rent. Now I did explain that I just finished student teaching and all, but alas, they care not. So here is what I am asking you to pray for (we have a few options):
1. Katie decides that she would like to live with us (which would also bring down the cost of rent)
2. Jenna gets hired in the next few weeks with City Hall
3. I receive a sudden invitation to teach full time
4. We can pull together the resources to knock over a bank and score six months worth of rent, which, for the record, is about $6,000!
5. Jenna's dad agrees to help us by loaning the money (which would certainly have less legal entrapments than option 4)

So there it is. Now all we need is to sit back and see how God will provide for us. I am not speaking foolishly here; God has directed every step of the way and I have amazing peace that He will show his power now as well (you all know I do not deal well with change, especially when I have no idea what is coming next and I am totally out of control). I am blessed with joy and excitement as well. We shall see...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm option 4 could be fun...but which one of us will have the bail money in the unlikely even that we get caught???

4:30 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

We just can't afford to get caught...

4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Option 57: Become the next govenator of Kaliefornia and buy a big airplane to ride around in.

Ok, so that is a dumb idea....I am so happy for you...You are awesome and this whole situation will work out and everything will be fantastic.

U Rock!

5:21 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

Thanks Nate, I am now hoping all will go well with your next step as well.

3:17 PM  
Blogger Audrey said...

I love the Great One!! I think I could fully be the next Govenator...but I'm not sure we have the time to MOUNT that type of campaign.

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home