Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Education

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

For once, I have something on my mind besides the endless questions of moving and packing and sorting and paperwork and lease terms and income requirements and aggggg!!!!!

Yesterday I watched Seven Years in Tibet. Now I did watch it years ago when it first came out, but I chose to give it another try (for the record, it is still amazingly slow and yes, it is still three hours of Brad trying to make his world better, and yes like most of his movies, he does cry). But the thing that struck me is how much more I was able to appreciate the underlying themes. Before attending my zillion classes which were to have made me such a better scholar, I didn't understand the cultural and spiritual references in most movies, let alone the political implications. Even though I grew up in a highly educated, political discussion type family, the fact is that I still didn't really get it. Perhaps it is the blond roots, but I am able to gain ever so much more since my time in endless classes and papers. I especially miss the discussions with my tree-hugging philosophy prof and my early-rising, tender-hearted, truly amazing history friend. Maybe later I will be able to get back in touch to remind them how much they influenced so many lives.

2 Comments:

Blogger Audrey said...

Ahh...I mis Karl Mark oh so much some days! He is truly and amazing individual! (for the record...it's not ALL Greek to me) ;-)

3:19 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

I know, I sure wish we could see him - or at least know how he is doing now...

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home